New Years is almost here! I’m pretty excited for New Year’s Eve and to start a new year. Not that 2012 sucked or anything, it had normal ups and downs. But as far as running goes, it was a serious up.
So what’s in store for 2013? Thanks to an odd propensity for signing up for races months and months in advance, I have plenty on the books already. Some of these dates are tentative, some races haven’t posted the exact date yet, but they are a regular of mine. I’m not posting many 5k’s or many 5 miler/10k’s, just the most notable, but they will be there. Plus I am sure I’ll be adding a lot of the Dirty Trail Series to the list as the year goes on. I will add links as they become available.
And just a reminder, I LOVE starting line company, so lets do this.
Here we go, the 2013 Race Schedule:
- Nothing in February yet, we’ll have to see what happens here
- St Malachi 5 miler – 3/16
- Fools Run 25k – 4/7
- Cleveland 10 miler – 4/27 – Not sure about this one yet, depends where I am in training with Glass City the following day
- Toledo Glass City Half Marathon – 4/28
- City2City 5k for Providence House – usually in Mid April, my 5k anniversary
- Ohio City Run and Crawl – 6/15
- Muddy Paws 10M – 7/6
- Winking Lizard Shot in the Dark – 7/13
- Leave No Trace Half Marathon – 9/31
September/October – aka: The Justin Challenge!
- Akron Marathon – 9/28
- Cleveland RnR Half Marathon – 10/5
- Towpath Marathon – 10/13
- Columbus Half Marathon or the Detroit Half Marathon – 10/20
- Cleveland Turkey Trot – 11/21
- Possibly a 50k attempt, just have to pick one. Maybe Bill’s Badass?
- Not sure yet, but there will be something. It’s inevitable.
The only thing this race calendar is lacking is a destination race. I ran Surf City in California in 2011, Disney Princess in 2012, and Chicago in the fall. I had it in my head that I was going to run the Clearwater Half Marathon at the end of January this year down in Florida, but didn’t have any interested parties. So that probably won’t happen. Would have been a sweet birthday. Maybe I will throw a trip in there somewhere if it fits.
May and September/October are marathon months, and I have a goal in mind for my May marathons. But I will get into that when the time comes. For the next couple weeks I will just be focusing on group runs and keeping up my base. Then Marathon Training Cycle 4 will begin!
What is your 2013 schedule going to look like? Anything big on the books? Am I the only weirdo out there that books in advance? I registered for the October Rock n Roll half marathon back in May, well over a year in advance… totally whacko, I get it.